Program Information | Live-in Programs
Male Community Reentry Program
The Male Community Reentry Program (MCRP) helps offenders successfully reenter the community by allowing eligible offenders committed to a California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) institution to serve the end of their sentence (up to one year) in the community in lieu of confinement at a CDCR institution. The MCRP is designed to provide a range of community-based, rehabilitative services that assist with substance use disorder treatment, mental health care, medical care, employment, education, housing, family reunification, and social support.
MCRP is located in the following counties:
- Butte (Multi-County: Tehama, Nevada, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter and Yuba)
- Kern County
- Los Angeles County (3 locations)
- San Diego County
MCRP offenders are eligible for transfer up to 365 days, but no less than 30 days,
from their Earliest Possible Release Date.
All levels of eligible offenders may volunteer for MCRP placement. Offenders determined eligible for placement will be reviewed by the Institutional Classification Committee and, if approved for placement, referred to the Classification Staff Representative for endorsement. All offenders are subjected to mandatory electronic monitoring and must agree as a condition of placement.
Ineligible offenders include the following:
- The County of Last Legal Residence is not serviced by an MCRP. An offender must be approved to transfer supervision to a county which is serviced by an MCRP for eligibility;
- Has a PC Section 290 registration requirement, an R suffix, or current or prior conviction for a sexually violent offense as defined in subdivision (B) of the Welfare and Institutions Code Section 6600;
- Has a California Static Risk Assessment score of five (high violence);
- Mandatory Minimum Placement Code for escape or when a walk-away has occurred within the last five years;
- Has an active or potential felony hold, warrant, or detainer;
- Has in-custody misconduct (Division A-C offenses) within the last 12 calendar months, except physical possession of alcohol and possession of drugs (Trafficking offenses remain exclusionary);
- Has been released from Security Housing Unit/Psychiatric Security Unit within the last 12 calendar months; and
- Has a Validated Security Threat Group I pursuant to California Code of Regulations, Title 15 Subsection 3378(c).
MCRP Contact Information: