Program Information | Residential Programs
Parolee Service Center
The Parolee Service Center (PSC) is a voluntary, residential program that provides housing, meals, support services, resources, and programming with supervision in a safe, clean, and drug-free environment. The goal of the PSC is to assist parolees with life skills training and job preparation in order to obtain and maintain self-sufficiency, employability, and successful reintegration back into the community. The program offers services that focus on parolee needs such as employment, job search and placement training, stress management, victim awareness, computer supported literacy, and life skills. Substance use education and a 52-week certified domestic violence program is provided to applicable parolees.
PSC programs are located in the following counties:
- Alameda (2 locations)
- San Francisco
- San Diego
PSC program length is up to 180 days with the possibility of an additional 185 days, based on assessed need.
All parolees subject to the jurisdiction of Division of Adult Parole Operations (DAPO) are eligible for placement in the PSC. Parolees are enrolled into PSC by referral from the Parole Agent of Record via CDCR Form 1502, Activity Report. The parolee population served under the PSC includes, but not limited to:
- Parolees on active parole who have been referred by DAPO who need employment services;
- Penal Code (PC) 290 registrants who are Jessica’s Law compliant or if the county where they are located has a Jessica’s Law Stay order;
- Long Term Offenders who had been sentenced to life terms; and
- Serious and violent offenders (e.g. PC 1192.7 and 667.5).
CDCR will consider placement under the following circumstances on a case-by-case basis:
- Parolees designated high notoriety;
- Parolees required to register pursuant to Penal Code PC 457.1 (Arson);
- Parolees in custody pending local misdemeanor charges that could result in county jail time;
- Parolees who are identified as members or affiliates of CDCR Security Threat Group I; and
- Parolees classified as Enhanced Outpatient Program.
PSC Contact Information: